1 (edited by kokofev860 2024-05-22 21:32:00)

Hi,

In my workflow comments would be really important, while images not so much.

I tried to export the project in every possible way. The markdown is not working, Excel doesn't contain the comments, and neither is the JSON export.

Can you maybe add comments to the JSON export? It would be awesome.

Thanks for considering.

Can you give more details on "The markdown is not working"? This is the base of the "document" export so it's very important that this has the comments and it would be a bug if that doesn't work. (The JSON and Excel exports are for numerical data so they don't have these).

I can't reproduce the problem, I get the comments in the .md export. Can you share a .kva file with frame comments where exporting to markdown doesn't export them? Are we talking about frame-level comments or labels?

Thanks joan for the quick response.

If I export to markdown the only thing that happens is that an images folder is created. It is empty, no png and md files.

My workflow is the following:
- I comment on long videos many many times
- I add a key image and comment it on the right side.
- The only thing I need is the comment and maybe the time for the key image.

If I understand correctly md would export the images as well, taking longer time to export. JSON is not exporting the images, so would be perfect for my workflow.

Here is the kva: https://file.io/P3dvYoLpnR9W

Side note: I sometimes have issues opening kva files as well. I am not sure why I have all these problems haha.

Great stuff btw, please keep up this awesome project.

It says "The transfer you requested has been deleted."

You can also send it to me at joan at kinovea dot org. If possible also add the log.txt in case there is an exception that prevents the file to be created. Also try to first create a new folder dedicated to the export and save the .md file inside it.

I can add an option in the settings to not include images in the document exports.

OK I see, I think I reproduce it. Do you have a working zone in place and some of the key images are outside it? There is a bogus comparison in the exporter and it aborts the export if the count doesn't match. It would fit well with the fact that you have the image folder but not the .md file.

I had to fix an issue with Traditional Chinese locale that was partly missing so I snuck a fix for this at the same time. Please download 2023.1.2 and let me know if it fixes the problem with markdown export. https://www.kinovea.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1589

I downloaded the new version from the link. Same issue.

I created an export folder on the desktop and tried to export into it. The image folder was created, but it is empty. No md file.

It's strange because the "latest files" in the doc manager shows the export md, but when I open it with VSCode it's empty.

Adding the comment to the json is not possible? That would solve all these for me.

Also, a comment-only md would be awesome if I can somehow figure this out.

How can I get the log?

Thanks for the support and work you do!

Thanks for testing. You can get the log by going to Help > Open log folder and grabbing the log.txt and log.txt1 files. (If there are any "Unhandled Crash - xxx" files in there please include them as well).

It's possible to add the comments to the "spreadsheet" JSON. It's slightly more involved, if anything to avoid breaking the JSON formatting from the comment content. But mainly this JSON is meant to be used by other programs to process the numerical data and I like this separation of concerns so if anything I would rather add another JSON export in the document export section. The markdown is essentially a plain text export so I think that's the perfect place for this, if only it worked correctly…

Good news, it is working now.

- So I first needed to export to a folder. images subfolder created.
- I exported the second time, the md file was created, but was empty.
- The next time I exported all the images and comments got exported.

So exporting 3 times consequently did the job haha.

Not sure why this happened, but finally it is working. I haven't done the whole process for an entire long video yet, but exporting hundreds of images just for the comments would be a waste for me.

Can you please somehow implement the comment-only export or add it to the JSON?

That would be so helpful for me.

Thanks again.

I added the key frame comments to the JSON export, it will be in the next version.